Company W.R. Case & Sons was founded in the late 19th century, at a time when pocketknives were as essential as watches. Over the years, the company is considered a leader in its field for the introduction of new technologies, materials and designs.
Company history dates back to 1889, when an enterprising family – William Russell (W.R.), Jean, John and Andrew Case began to model their own knives and sell in the upper areas of New York. In 1900, the family business gained popularity under the name Case Brothers Cutlery Company, and after DR Case named the company after his father’s WR Keyes, since it is known as W.R. Case & Sons. By that time, the company has a workshop located in Bradford, Pennsylvania, the work was in full swing and hand-built blades get superior quality, manufacturing methods, which are still passed on from generation to generation.
The range of folding and hunting knives grows, new special and limited series dedicated to knives, as well as gift sets. When a company is thoroughly moved to Bradford in 1905, the brothers have already made the family the most respected brands in their field. At the beginning of the First World War, the government appealed to the company with a request to make knives for US servicemen after the orders were made by NASA for astronauts Gus Grissom and John Young, who had been in orbit “Molly Brown” and enjoyed it even special knives Case. Case also attracted many famous collectors: former US President Eisenhower, musician in country style of Randy Travis, the legendary musician Elvis Presley and many other celebrities.